Hybrid Layouts for The Lilypad


Well, long time no blog.  I have found it so hard to sit down and just blog.  I am creating, not at the pace I was before Mom passed, but I am actually doing things and playing other than things that are due for my teams.  

On to more fun stuff!!  I have a couple of layouts to share that I have done for The Lilypad this month.  This first one is over on the blog today, with me talking about why you don't need a fancy wide format printer or an electronic die cutting machine to do hybrid layouts that are not just pocket cards.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE my machines and would go out and buy them today if they broke on me!  But I want everyone to know that doing hybrid doesn't have to be hard if you don't want it to be!

You_Make_Me_Smile_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_The_Lilypad_Becca_Bonneville_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-1
Supplies: Paper-Red River; Digital Kit-Becca Bonneville Friend's Across the Miles; Ribbon-Gina K Designs; Adhesive-Therm O Web; Silhouette Cameo with Print and Cut; Doily-Doodlebug Designs

This layout came about from scraps from the next layout I will show you.  I am trying to get better about using up scraps of digital kits I have printed.  Let's face it, I usually print all the pattern papers in the kits!  

You_Make_Me_Smile_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_The_Lilypad_Becca_Bonneville_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2

This kit is actually "friend" themed, but if you know me, I like to use kits out of their original themes!  As I was putting this together, it screamed for a bow!  So, I put a bow on it....not quite a ring, but a bow!

You_Make_Me_Smile_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_The_Lilypad_Becca_Bonneville_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-3

And it's a twofer today, since I haven't blogged in so long and I had made another layout previously with this kit. This kit actually screamed to me to use it, because I miss my bestie Juliana!  And I had a picture of us, from when I went to visit, that I hadn't scrapped yet.  So everything kind of fell into place!

And all that "paint/stencil/mist" is an element in the digital kit that I sized to how I wanted it on my paper and then just printed it out.  I am sure that I couldn't get that look in real life with my supplies, no matter how much I tried!!  LOL  

Friends_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_The_Lilypad_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-1
Supplies: Same as above

Here I had printed this flower element in a couple of sizes, so I just stacked the small one on top of the larger one with foam tape.  FYI, yes that is a margarita and no, I hadn't had too many!!  I was tired from being up at 4am and traveling!  LOL

Friends_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_The_Lilypad_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-3

I hadn't planned on using that little envelope, even though I had printed it.  At the last minute I got the idea to write on it and tuck it in behind the cluster! I kind of love how it looks!  

Friends_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_The_Lilypad_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2

Well, that's all for today!!!!  If you want to know a little more about hybrid without machines, head over to The Lilypad blog HERE to read my post!!  


No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!